What will make your speech or introduction STAND OUT, be remembered as IMPACTFUL, and be INSPIRING and ENLIGHTENING?
At CA Image Consulting, it is our firm belief that an outstanding speech or introduction (whether at a conference, seminar, meeting, or pageant) holds 10 extremely important qualities. These qualities help to effectively deliver a message through spoken words to a gathered group.
Speeches (and introductions) serve as an important medium for presenting information at your next pageant, personal appearance, or keynote event.
However, a speech only becomes effective when it fulfills the following 10 features:
1. Clarity: Clarity is an essential feature of a good speech. A speech should be clear and unambiguous so that the audience can understand it easily. If it is not clear enough to express its meaning to the audience, it will quickly become ineffective, and you will lose the audience.
2. Definiteness of Message: The “message” of the speech should be definite and relevant to the subject matter.
3. Conciseness: The audience becomes impatient with a long speech. Hence, speech should be as concise as possible. However, it should not incomplete.
4. Interesting: A speech should be delivered in an interesting and pleasing way so that the audience is motivated to pay attention. For a speech to be interesting, various stories, examples, quotations, and jokes should be cited.
5. Informal Touch: Though a speech (or introduction) is a formal address, it should be presented in a personal and informal way.
6. Considering the Audience: A speech is delivered to a specific audience. Therefore, the speaker should actively consider the expectations, interest, and nature of the audience in crafting the speech.
7. Speaking Slowly: An ideal speech is one that is delivered slowly and in an effective tone. It helps the audience to hear and understand the message clearly.
8. Free your Emotions: Another important feature of an outstanding speech is that it should be delivered with feeling and passion However, too much emotion may only drive your audio away. A delicate balance is needed, while conveying your subject matter.
9. Use of Body Language: An outstanding speech goes with necessary body language. Therefore, at the time of delivering a speech, the speaker should use various nonverbal cues.
10. Ensuring Participation of Audience: A good speech is one that ensures the participation of the audience with the speaker. That means the audience will ensure their attention through effective listening, expressing their solidarity with the speech and so on.
CA Image Consulting will cultivate a speech that hits every checkbox from the above qualities, leaving your audience feeling IMPACTED, INSPIRED, and ENLIGHTENED. From creating your actual speech, right down to how you deliver it onstage, Carla Ann will work hand in hand with you, to take your presentation to the next level.